Café-Finovo / 53 Min. Germany 2012 / German (OmeU)
With patience and beauty, our understanding of mortality is altered as this film unfolds on life, laughter and Wilhelm Grimm. Set within the walls of the Alter St. Matthäus cemetery in Berlin, we meet artists, story-tellers and grave sponsors—the cultural life revolving around the lively café-finovo and it’s reputable cakes. Café finovo is the first café in a cemetery in Germany.
- 1st Prize for Best Short Documentary | 7th Greek Documentary Festival Docfest 2013
- Special Jury Mention | 3rd Athens International Digital Film Festival 2013
- Best Student Film Nominee | 20th Astra Film Festival, Sibiu Int’l Documentary Film Fest 2013
- Official Selection | 17th International Documentary Film Festival CINEMA OFF, Poznan 2013
- Official Selection | 2013 Athens Ethnographic Film Festival