Forthcoming spring 2012
Urte Undine Frömming: "Entangled Realties in Virtuality"
CHAPTER I Gender, Belonging and Motherhood in Virtual Cultures
- Alina Trebbin: "Waiting for Zowie. Notes from the Digital Uterus"
- Sarah Kiani: "Crossing Boundaries or Reinforcing Norms? Gender Performances in Second Life"
- Elena Quintarelli: "The Amazon of Aquarius: an ethnographic journey through gender issues in Second Life"
- Emma Corbett-Ashby: "Queer and Trans experience in Second Life - an experimental dialogue"
CHAPTER II Appropriation, Construction and Imagination of Landscape, Space and Place in Virtual Worlds
- Christina Voigt: "Form Wilderness to Virtuality. Virtual Nature and Landscape in Second Life"
- Emily Smith: "(Dis)Orientation: Mapping in Second Life"
CHAPTER III Religiosity in Virtual Worlds
- Ranty R. Islam: "Cyberspace and the Sacred"
- Thomas John: "Religiosity in a Virtual World. Reasons and Motivations"
- Manizhe Zera Ali: "Muslims and the Virtual"
CHAPTER IV: Conflicts and Activism in Virtual Worlds
- Tobias R. Becker: "Virtual Representations of the Middle East Conflict"
- Sara Ferrari and Tiina Kivelä: "Becoming an Activist in Virtual Worlds - Experiences of Social Activism in Second Life"
CHAPTER IV Art Production and Artists in Second Life
- Samantha Fox: "Listen to the Radio: AM Radio, Second Life, and Innovations in an Emerging Medium"
- Lidia Rossner: "Art Production and its Conceptual Systems in Second Life
- Fidel Devkota: "The story of a Digital Samurai"
More information here