Springe direkt zu Inhalt

9. Erasmus / Semester Abroad

When can we have a semester abroad, what do you recommend? Does the FU have any partnerships with universities where we can study Visual Anthropology?

It is possible to study one semester abroad at our Erasmus-partner universities in Europe.

In order to be considered eligible for the ERASMUS program, students must either have an EU citizenship (or be residents of: Norway, Liechtenstein, Turkey, the western Balkan States and Switzerland) or an unlimited residence permit status and /or a permanent home in Germany. With a temporary visa for study purposes, citizens of any other states than those mentioned above are not allowed to apply for the ERASMUS program.

Here you can find a link to the list of our partner universities.

You can also stay without studying at a university in a foreign country, e.g. for producing your film or media project.  For most of you, this will be in the winter semester  (project semester) or during the German summer holidays after the second semester. The DAAD has a special Program for short time-scholarships for students  (only in german at the moment). Many of our students got this scholarship before. Please don't hesitate to ask the coordinator or program director if you need a reference letter.